Sailing Around The World

Cape Town To The Caribbean 50 Days At Sea

The Sailing Route for the next 50 days

The Sailing Route for the next 50 days

To let you all know my friends/crew Jade, Ben, and Sarah have departed Dragopnsbane to do some land traveling in Africa and I wish them best of luck. As for Cary and I we are on the eve of our last major passage that will take us from Cape Town South Africa to the Caribbean BVI Tortola Island over the course of 50 days. We will sail a total of 5,990 nautical miles short handed. We will run on four hour shifts, 4 on 4 off and work together in situations that require two people. This will be a fun challenge and will also complete my world circumnavigation of 2.5 years. I am glad to have my good friend Cary on baord to help stay the course. So that said I will post updates on our passage as often as I can but I will not have the energy to do daily post but I will try.

Jacques & Cary

8 responses

1. Fair winds and following seas. I look forward to reading of your adventures over the next 50 days.

November 30, 2014 at 6:53 pm

• Thanks you for following and I ttry to post often.

December 1, 2014 at 4:30 am

2. Anne Movalson

May you have safe sailing with enough wind to move the boat but not so much to cause strain or problems. At least you don’t have to worry about Hurricanes at this time of year.
    I really enjoy reading all your postings and applaud your seamanship and quest for adventure. Best wishes always, Anne Movalson Nearly 6000 miles is a looooooong Passage.

November 30, 2014 at 9:19 pm

• Thank you for your kind thought, I hope the weather is good to but I know to start it will be tough getting away from SA.

December 1, 2014 at 4:31 am

3. Ian Mc Donald (Macca)

safe sailing to you and cary will look forward to your blogs thru out the next 50 days will your dad be there to welcome you both Macca Australia.

December 1, 2014 at 8:37 am

4. Bill Reynolds

Fair winds and calm seas!! A long haul. We planned on one night in Anguilla’s Road Bay and spent a week. Low key no crowds…just saying it may be a nice way to transition back to humanity after the slog!!

Snow and early winter here in Houghton. Mont Ripley opened to excellent conditions Friday. Today it is 30 knt winds and 7 F.

December 1, 2014 at 2:50 pm

5. Ann

Can’t wait to catch up with you once you’re back in the states! Safe travels!

December 1, 2014 at 5:03 pm