Sailing Around The World

Day 39 Passage to BVI “Back to the Beginning”

Its so unreal to be sailing back were I began two and half years ago. Its been a long haul and I am excited to have this 40 day passage under my belt. Cary and I are about 70 miles from Virgin Gorda BVI. We should make a landfall sometime tomorrow morning and hopefully clearance formalities will be painless. We are looking forward to enjoy a beer, burger, and then sleep for 8 hours straight for the first time in over a month. The wind is a bit on the lite side so I hope we can keep up our speed but we will see.

Current Position: 22:06UTC, 17deg 51.2min N, 63deg 29.7min W, SOG 6kts, COG 314deg-M, WS 10 -20kts, Swell <1m, DR 67.9, 1017mb

Thanks,

Jacques & Cary

7 responses

1. tom

I have been follwoing your journey all two and a half years. I belive it was a small aricle in the Antigo Daily Journal that first brought me to your blog. It has been very fun to follow you around the world. It has been a learning experience for me as you have introudced us to many foreign, distant and exoctic lands you traveled to. I was constantly pulling out my globe to see where you were and googling the different islands you had landed on. It would me my pleasure to meet you one day over a tall galss of rum. Congratulations for safely completing your trip. Many people only dream about what you just accomplished. Welcome back. Hopefully you can catch the Packer game on a beach bar TV this Sunday.

January 7, 2015 at 10:35 pm

2. Sro

Hell Yeah! Glad you guys made it!

January 7, 2015 at 11:51 pm

3. Randy

Congratulations, Jacques have been following your voyage closely favorite part the whale off South Africa. Your Dad filled me in as to your short term plans. -1 this morning stay where you are as long as you can. See you when you get back.

January 8, 2015 at 2:21 pm

4. J

So happy your dream is just about fulfilled, how fortunate and blessed you are to have completed this. Few men or women on earth have completed his feat!!!!! I hope to talk to you about your travels and know your favorite three, even though I know it will be hard to narrow it down. Colleen and Kyle are so excited to see you around the 24th of January!!!

January 8, 2015 at 8:15 pm

5. Ian Mc Donald (Macca)

Hi guys Ian from Australia congraulations on land arrival have been following you thru your passage it sounded touch look forward to hearing more.

January 8, 2015 at 8:35 pm

6. Lora Latvis

Woohoo! Congratulations! I have been quite fond (and VERY jealous) of your journey and can’t wait to see what other opportunities and adventures arise from this! 🙂

January 9, 2015 at 9:08 pm