Sailing Around The World

Waiting Out the Weather!

We are still hunkered down in a small bay off the west end of Tahaa Island waiting for the high winds to die down to the mid teens to twenty knots. But I have decided to head to Bora-Bora which is about 20 miles or less from my current position tomorrow as long as the wind is below 40 knots. My only real concern is exiting the Islands lagoon through the coral passage to get to the ocean. Right now there are 20 foot swells breaking over the coral reef that protects us and the passage entrenched/exit is full of breaking waves. I should be fine because the passage is very wide and lots of room to navigate so it will be like white water rafting with a sailboat for a minute or two. Then we should have a very fast sail to Bora-Bora where Internet and rum cocktails wait for us.

At the current moment we have just finished cleaning Dragonsbane bottom and we are making fresh water as it rains really hard outside. O yeah, on a good note yesterday we finally fix my scuba tank compressor and filled our tanks which we used to clean the bottom. The compressor works really well, but I think I may sell it in New Zealand if I can get the right price. But until then we will just follow the scuba dive boats around and go diving for free now with our own gear, lol.

Thanks,

Jacques

2 responses

  1. Maggie

    Hope you’re safe and doing well 🙂

    July 27, 2013 at 1:17 am

    • All is well!

      July 27, 2013 at 2:20 am